Wine Tasting Events
Vino 301’s wine tasting events are informal tours of some of our favorite local wines and international boutique vineyards. Our events are excellent to swap notes with fellow wine enthusiasts. Savor & enjoy!
Join us for a live wine chat with Elizabeth Gabay, MW, author of “Rosé Understanding the Pink Wine Revolution”. We are discussing how Rose has moved into the spotlight and is trendy among younger drinkers.
May 23, 2020, at 2:00 pm
Live Zoom Chat (FREE)
We are sipping Rosé during the live chat, featuring Windridge Vineyards (Darnestown, MD) 2019 Rosé wine.
Rosé is increasingly popular. It’s no longer a transition wine between winter and summer. People drink Rosé year-round. Master of Wine Elizabeth Gabay in her book Rosé Understanding the Pink Wine Revolution discusses reveals why Rosé is just as complex and intriguing as their red and white cellarmates. Reserve Your Space Here
You can purchase Rosé Understanding the Pink Wine Revolution book here http://bit.ly/BuyClassics
Sip Along Package
Enjoy Rosé during Vino 301’s live Pink Revolution chat with our Sip Along Package. Your package includes 2019 Rosé wine Windridge Vineyards, Vino 301 stemless wine glass, and bottle opener. The 2019 Rosé is a dry, crisp Rosé is produced predominantly from Chambourcin specially harvested early for the Rosé and the whole cluster pressed. Refreshing aromas of ripe strawberry and watermelon complement a balanced mouthfeel. Free delivery available (25 miles radius from 20005 zip code) The package is $25.00
You can purchase your package when you reserve your space. Reserve your space HERE
Virtual Wine Tasting
Don’t let distance, keep you from hanging out with your friends. Host a wine tasting party for you and your friends. Vino 301 wine experts, with the magic of video chat, will take you on an hour-long wine journey.
The tastings classes are inactive, fun, and include wine tasting games and prompts. Have fun while learning to taste wine and deepening your wine knowledge
Here are themed wine tastings, you may select from:
- Taste of Napa (all Napa Valley Wines)
- All about the reds (old world red wines tasting)
- Wednesday wine down-under (New Zealand and Australia)
- Wine and cheese pairing
- Wine and popular snack foods pairing
- Peace Baby: Natural, organic and vegan wines
- Sensory wine tasting
- Keep it in the can (can wine tasting)
- Vertical tasting of grape from different regions
- BYOP – Bring your own pajamas and wine tasting
- Let’s create a theme just for you!!!
Price is $15 per person attending the virtual wine tasting.
How do you get the wine?
Option 1: Vino 301 will give you the wine recommendations and wine descriptions in advance. Go shopping. Use our list to purchase the wines or very similar wines for the tasting class.
Option 2: Vino 301 can provide the wines. The wine package is $80.00. The package can serve 4 – 6 people.
Learn Wine Basics
Try 4 wines during your tasting. Guests learn how to taste wine, what are noble wine grapes, how to read a wine bottle label, food and wine pairings, and the best way to buy wine in retail stores and restaurants
Personalize Wine List
Wine selection is developed with you in mind. In advance of your tasting, you will receive your wine selection and a list of tasting supplies.
Wine Delivery Available
You can purchase the wine on your own or order the wine from Vino 301. Vino 301 will deliver the wine to you. Delivery is free within a 20-mile radius of zip code 20005.
Specialize Tasting Events
More events to come
You can learn to swirl, sniff, and sip with the best of them. A wine tasting party is a creative way to gather friends and family to learn about wine and experiment with new or unusual varietals. Vino 301 Wine Concierge will lead you and your friends through a wine tasting in the comfort of your home or your company’s happy hour. Vino 301 Wine Concierge offers:
- Wine Tasting 101: Learn the basics of wine tasting. Get to know the 5 S’s of wine tasting
- Tasting Blind: Your guests will guess the wines’ identity. They have to figure it out by sniffing and sipping
- Aroma Party: Compare scents commonly associated with wine, like cherries and Pinot Noir. Guests can make sense of wine jargon by learning about wine aromas and flavors
- Chocolate and wine pairing: Delight your palate with chocolate and wine. Learn why chocolate pairs so well with wine and how to select the perfect chocolate truffle and wine.
- Cheese and wine pairing. An in-depth look at pairing reds and whites with everything from soft and gooey Brie, fresh and creamy chevre, aged, and extra-aged cheeses.
- Delmarva wine tasting: Lets drink local and celebrate Virginia, Maryland and eastern seaboard wines. Take a journey along the east coast and discover what makes this region exceptional.
- Regional wine tasting: Select your favorite region: New Zealand, South Africa, France, Spain or Italy. Learn about your favorite region, popular varietals , traits that influence the wine making process.
Vino 301 Wine Tasting Basics Chat
We are talking about wine at Linganore Winecellars (Mt. Airy, MD). Christian, Frank About Beer, and Leslie from Vino 301 are discussing basic wine tasting techniques. Take a look