2016 Sparkling Wines In Maryland
Sparkling Wines in Maryland
Sparkling wines are synonymous with celebrations. And this time of year is no different to punctuate your holiday events with bubbles. Champagne, Cava, and Prosecco immediately come to mind when you are making your wine selections. Wait… before you grab an European selection, look a little closer to home. Maryland sparkling wines are available in various styles.
“Elk Run Vineyards, Bordeleau Vineyard & Winery, Great Shoals Winery Old Westminster Winery each offer a Blanc de Blanc (traditional dry sparkling wine), while Cygnus Wine Cellars produces a Blanc de Blanc plus four other sparkling wines in various styles. Knob Hall Winery offers white and rosé versions, and Crow Vineyards offers a Sparkling Vidal. Slack Winery offers five different sparkling wines, Fiore Winery offers a Prosecco and St. Michaels Winery has introduced Bubbly Wobbler, a sparkling addition to its Gollywobbler line of sweet wines.” according to Ms. Rebecca Dulka, Maryland Wine Association representative, in 2015 Maryland Offers Wide Variety of Sparkling Wines article. Old Westminster Winery introduced a Gruner Vetliner sparkling this year, a departure from the traditional grapes used in Maryland.
Sparkling wines are not limited to grapes. Maryland’s cider producers are making noteworthy bubbles. Distillery Lane Ciderworks makes a delightful Apple Cherry wine. A must try and welcomed addition.
Where You Can Find Maryland’s Sparkling Wines & Ciders*
- Bordeleau Vineyards & Winery, Eden: bordeleauwine.com
- Crow Farm and Vineyard, Kennedyville: crowfarmmd.com
- Cygnus Wine Cellars, Manchester: cygnuswinecellars.com
- Distillery Lane Ciderworks, Jefferson: distillerylane.com
- Elk Run Vineyard and Winery, Mt. Airy: elkrun.com
- Fiore Winery, Plyesville: fiore.com
- Great Shoals Winery, Princess Anne; tasting room, Silver Spring: greatshoals.com
- Knob Hall Vineyard, Clear Spring: knobhall.com
- St. Michael’s Winery, St. Michael: stmichaels.com
- Old Westminster Winery, Westminster: oldwestminster.com
- Slack Wines and Vineyards, Ridge: slackwine.com
- Springfield Manor, Thurmont: springfieldmanor.com
*Not a complete list
Curious and want to try some of these wines, join Vino 301 Sparkling Wine and Dessert Wine tasting.
Enjoyed reading our blog? Join our mailing list to receive the blog.
Tags: Blanc de blanc, Bordeleau Vineyard, Crow Vineyard and Winery, Cygnus Winecellars, Distillery Lane Ciderworks, Fiore Winery, Great Shoals Winery, guide to champagne and sparkling wines, Knob Hall, maryland wine, Maryland wine association, Old Westminster Winery, Slack Vineyard, sparkling cider, sparkling wines in maryland, Springfield Manor Winery
You must log in to post a comment.