Wine Tasting Events
Vino 301’s wine tasting events are informal tours of some of our favorite local wines and international boutique vineyards. Our events are excellent to swap notes with fellow wine enthusiasts. Savor & enjoy!
Specialize Tasting Events
25th Essence Festival – Black Wine Experience
Swirl Suite is excited to join Hue Society for “The Black Experience” during Essence Festival 2019.
Join us for two days of wine tasting, food pairings, live ice sculpting, The Bubble Room, a Sweet Suite, great music, giveaways and more! You don’t want to miss this amazing experience on July 5 & July 6 from 12 noon – 6 pm in New Orleans, LA. Get your tickets at The Black Wine Experience
Each year, the Essence Festival draws people to the lovely city of New Orleans during the July 4 weekend for the first time. In 2019, The Essence Festival will be celebrating its 25th anniversary from July 4-7. Essence Festival is sponsored by Essence magazine.
The Swirl Suite is a podcast. The hosts discuss our role in the wine industry and wine as a lifestyle. Join Sarita, Tanisha, Leslie, and Glynis as they highlight what is involved in working in the wine industry and living in wine. Whether you are a novice or expert, we invite you to come to taste the wine life with us. The Swirl Suite has sipped with industry icons such as winemaker Andre Mack of Mouton Noir and wine importer, Selena Cuffe of Heritage Link Brands. You can listen to the Swirl Suite here
You can learn to swirl, sniff, and sip with the best of them. A wine tasting party is a creative way to gather friends and family to learn about wine and experiment with new or unusual varietals. Vino 301 Wine Concierge will lead you and your friends through a wine tasting in the comfort of your home or your company’s happy hour. Vino 301 Wine Concierge offers:
- Wine Tasting 101: Learn the basics of wine tasting. Get to know the 5 S’s of wine tasting
- Tasting Blind: Your guests will guess the wines’ identity. They have to figure it out by sniffing and sipping
- Aroma Party: Compare scents commonly associated with wine, like cherries and Pinot Noir. Guests can make sense of wine jargon by learning about wine aromas and flavors
- Chocolate and wine pairing: Delight your palate with chocolate and wine. Learn why chocolate pairs so well with wine and how to select the perfect chocolate truffle and wine.
- Cheese and wine pairing. An in-depth look at pairing reds and whites with everything from soft and gooey Brie, fresh and creamy chevre, aged, and extra-aged cheeses.
- Delmarva wine tasting: Lets drink local and celebrate Virginia, Maryland and eastern seaboard wines. Take a journey along the east coast and discover what makes this region exceptional.
- Regional wine tasting: Select your favorite region: New Zealand, South Africa, France, Spain or Italy. Learn about your favorite region, popular varietals , traits that influence the wine making process.
Vino 301 Wine Tasting Basics Chat
We are talking about wine at Linganore Winecellars (Mt. Airy, MD). Christian, Frank About Beer, and Leslie from Vino 301 are discussing basic wine tasting techniques. Take a look