Wine Tasting Events
Vino 301’s wine tasting events are informal tours of some of our favorite local wines. These are excellent opportunities to swap notes with fellow wine enthusiasts, savor & enjoy!
Wine Tasting Like A Pro: Wine Class
Want to taste wine like a pro? Have fun while learning to taste wine and developing a wine knowledge. You will taste 6 wines in this two-hour class. Classes are held at Old Line Fine Wine, Spirits and Bistro in Laurel, MD. Receive a 10% discount on wine purchased the day of the class*.
You will learn about:
- How to taste wine
- What are noble wine grapes
- How to read a wine bottle label
- Matching food and wine
- Serving, storing, and buying wine
- The best way to buy wine in retail stores and restaurants
- Cost: $25 per person
*Store discount can only be used for wine day the class is held.
Specialize Tasting Classes
Chocolate Truffles & Sparkling Wines
Bring in the holidays with Chocolate Truffles & Sparkling Wines. Vino 301 and Parfections are hosting a chocolate and sparkling wine pairing. Enjoy sweet, demi-sec, brut and more Sparkling wines. Wine tastings are November 18 and December 9 from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm.Register Here
Regional Wine Tasting: Featuring Maryland Wines
REGIONAL WINE TASTING schedule will be announced in October 2017
Cheese and Wine Tasting
CHEESE AND WINE TASTING schedule will be announced in October 2017
What’s so special about wine and cheese paired together? Join us for an in-depth look at pairing reds and whites with everything from soft and gooey Brie, fresh and creamy chevre, aged, and extra-aged cheeses. You’ll never look at cheese the same.
Wine Tasting Parties
You can learn to swirl, sniff, and sip with the best of them. A wine tasting party is a creative way to gather friends and family together to learn about wine and experiment with new or unusual varietals. Vino 301 Wine Concierge will lead you and your friends through a wine tasting in the comfort of your home. Vino 301 Wine Concierge offers:
- Wine Tasting 101: Learn the basics of wine tasting. Get to know the 5 S’s of wine tasting
- Tasting Blind: Your guests will guess the wines’ identity. They have to figure it out by sniffing and sipping
- Aroma Party: Compare scents commonly associated with wine, like cherries and Pinot Noir. Guests can make sense of wine jargon by learning about wine aromas and flavors